Monday, October 22, 2007

More FOs

I'm way behind on posting these... sorry about that.

Firstly, a finished scarf: Matilda from Magknits. Knit in one skein of Noro Kureyon, and not quite a whole one of Lett-Lopi.

I made my first pair of socks! I used Ann Budd's basic toe-up socks recipe from Interweave Knits, Summer 2007. I am not too happy with the heels though - the 2 sides of them do not look the same, and one side has a row of purl bumps while the other has nasty holes. These were done using yarnovers. I love my socks though - plain and ugly though they may be, they are cosy and woolly. I used Elann's Sock it to me sock yarn (got a bag of it on a good deal). I thought it was nice and cheap to try out socks with, but I honestly don't love this self-striping stuff. It looks like you don't know how to do colour stranding so you have to let the yarn do it for you. I'm all for hand-paints but I don't like this much. I'm currently working on another pair of socks for myself, this time Diamond Waffle from Knitty; it has a different heel construction but is still toe-up (which I'm drawn to - I like the try it on as you go idea). My yarn is not the nicest for the pattern, but it's all about trying out different constructions until I decide what I like best.

With the leftovers I'm knitting some wee socks for Kittycat.

In other knitting news: I have been reading lots of Elizabeth Zimmermann! I made a tomten jacket from Knitting without Tears (out of Lanett) and am just finishing off a seamless raglan - a whole post on that when it's all done and I have photos.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home